PPSF 2019 applications are due by 4pm on Friday, January 18, 2019.
- Applicants must be Yale students not in their final year of study, and must be in good academic standing.
Requirements of the Fellowship
- The Fellowship is full-time and must be the primary work of Fellows during the summer. Please plan accordingly. NOTE: Other summertime work at Yale University is strongly discouraged. Fellows must discuss any other proposed part-time work, in advance of the summer, with the Director.
- Before beginning work at their sites, Fellows will participate in the Fellowship orientations, detailed below.
- Fellowship placements will be for eight to eleven consecutive weeks between May 28 and August 9, 2019. The Fellowship Director will facilitate a meeting between the Fellow and agency supervisor to determine the exact length of each individual Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to participate in weekly dinner meetings during the course of the Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to complete brief periodic reports during the program and a final report by the end of the summer.
- There will be a mandatory orientation session for all selected 2019 Fellows on Thursday, March 28, 2019 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. The location will be announced.
- The second mandatory orientation session will be held from the morning of Tuesday, May 21, 2019 through the evening of Friday, May 24.
- The taxable pay for undergraduates for a 40-hour work week will be $600 per week. Fellows are paid for orientation week hours.
- Fellows are responsible for securing their own summer housing. One resource for sublets can be found here: offcampusliving.yale.edu
Application Procedures and Instructions
- The undergraduate application for PPSF Summer 2019 can be downloaded here.