Applications for PPSF 2017 are due on Friday, January 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- Applicants must be Yale students not in their final year of study, and must be in good academic standing.
Requirements of the Fellowship
- The Fellowship is full-time and must be the primary work of Fellows during the summer. Please plan accordingly. NOTE: Other summertime work at Yale University is strongly discouraged. Fellows must discuss any other proposed part-time work, in advance of the summer, with the Director.
- Before beginning work at their sites, Fellows will participate in the Fellowship orientations, detailed below.
- Fellowship placements will be for eight to eleven consecutive weeks between May 30 and August 11, 2017. The Fellowship Director will facilitate a meeting between the Fellow and agency supervisor to determine the exact length of each individual Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to participate in weekly dinner meetings during the course of the Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to complete brief periodic reports during the program and a final report by the end of the summer.
- There will be a mandatory orientation session for all selected 2016 Fellows on Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. The location will be announced.
- The second mandatory orientation session will be held from the morning of Tuesday, May 23, 2017 through the evening of Friday, May 26.
- The taxable stipend for Graduate and Professional students will be $650 per week. Fellows will be paid for orientation week hours.
- Fellows are responsible for securing their own summer housing. One resource for sublets can be found here: offcampusliving.yale.edu
- Download the PPSF 2017 application here.
- Prior to March 6, 2017, some applicants will be contacted for an interview. Note: Not all applicants will be interviewed.
- Notification to interviewed students regarding the status of their application will begin on March 6, 2017 and conclude by March 10.